Pumpkin S’mores Cupcakes
Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 graham cracker squares
Marshmallow Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 6 large marshmallows or a handful of mini marshmallows
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- Gel orange food color
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cream cheese and sugars in mixing bowl. Mix until well blended and creamy.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla and spices and melted butter. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use. Allow to come to room temperature so you can spoon it into cupcakes.
- Place cake mix, eggs, oil and milk in mixer and mix until well-blended (scrape down sides halfway through mixing).
- Cut graham crackers in half so there are 2 pieces and then cut those pieces in half. Place 1/4 of each cracker into cupcake liner. Fill cupcake liners half full with cupcake batter. Drop about 1 tablespoon of pumpkin mixture into batter. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- While cupcakes are baking, make butter cream frosting. Using a mixer – cream butter. Add confectioners sugar 1/4 cup at a time on medium, mixing on high between each addition. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add marshmallow fluff one tablespoon at a time and blend well on medium speed.
- Pipe or spread marshmallow buttercream onto each cupcake.
- If using large marshmallows, cut in half so you have two flat parts.
- Use a kitchen torch to toast the flat part of marshmallows. Place cut side down in butter cream icing. If using mini marshmallows, just scatter on top of butter cream frosting.
- Melt chocolate in separate bowls. Tint one half of white chocolate with a little of orange coloring. This is optional. You can just do white and dark chocolate if you want. Spoon chocolates into separate plastic bags. Snip off a small portion of corner of plastic bag and drizzle the chocolate over cupcakes. Enjoy!