- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl of stand mixer until creamy and light, about 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla. Beat again.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine granulated sugar and remaining pumpkin pie spice.
- Scoop cookie dough into 1 1/2 tablespoon balls. Roll in pumpkin pie spice and sugar mixture until coated. Space 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until set around edges, but still soft in middle. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.