Pumpkin Upside Down Dessert
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (13 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup melted butter/margarine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 1 medium container Cool Whip, thawed
- Optional: 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, 1 cup sugar, eggs and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Pour contents into baking dish. Then sprinkle DRY cake mix and pecans on top of pumpkin mixture evenly (this will eventually be crust).
- Drizzle cup of melted butter over cake mix and pecans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown, let it cool completely. Once cooled, invert/flip dessert into another dish or serving tray.
- To make dessert topping, in a bowl combine softened cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar and mix well. Then add container of Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture. Spread over top and sides of dessert. Then if you wish, sprinkle the 1/2 cup of coconut (optional) over top.
- Refrigerate until serving.
A great dessert with a crunchy cake base and a creamy pumpkin pie filling.