Pumpkin Upside Down Dessert
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 can (13 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup melted butter/margarine
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 1 medium container Cool Whip, thawed
- Optional: 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Pour contents into baking dish. Then sprinkle DRY cake mix and pecans on top of pumpkin mixture evenly (this will eventually be crust).
- Drizzle cup of melted butter over cake mix and pecans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown, let it cool completely. Once cooled, invert/flip dessert into another dish or serving tray.
- To make dessert topping, in a bowl combine softened cream cheese and other cup of sugar and mix well. Then add container of Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture. Spread over top and sides of dessert. Then if you wish, sprinkle the 1/2 cup of coconut (optional) over top.
- Refrigerate until serving.