Purple Plum Tart
- 1 stick unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 6 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 8-9 large purple plums, fresh
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon, no white bitter pith
- 8 tablespoons almond flour/meal
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, very cold
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust. Using a paddle attachment, mix first listed butter and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour in one step and on low speed mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic food film. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Set aside an 8- or 9-inch tart ring or tart pan.
- Roll dough onto a sheet of parchment paper or plastic food film. Sprinkle lightly with flour and roll dough into a circle large enough to cover entire tart pan. Place dough into pan and remove excess. Press dough into any cracks or tears.
- Sprinkle 6 tablespoons of almond flour evenly into the tart pan.
- Cut plums in half and remove core. Cut each half again and “spoon” plums into a circular fashion into the tart pan.
- In a bowl whisk together egg and melted butter. Once combined, add egg, almond extract, vanilla, and lemon zest. Spoon mixture evenly over plums and set aside.
- Place 8 tablespoons almond meal in a bowl, add brown sugar and salt. Using a grater, grate very cold butter directly into the bowl. Toss around with fingers until butter becomes invisible.
- Sprinkle onto plums and place in oven for about 50-55 minutes.
- Serve warm or top with your favorite ice cream, if desired.