Raspberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Vietnamese preferred)
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For easy removal of pan, line a 9 X 13-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift or whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg and once fully incorporated add next. Add vanilla extract.
- In 4 increments, alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, starting with and ending with flour. Gently mix in raspberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Place in over for about 45 minutes or until light golden brown and center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or room temperature.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments