Raspberry Coconut Balls
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut or 1 1/3 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut for rolling balls
- Blend raspberries to smooth puree. Press thru sieve to remove seeds. Measure 1/2 cup. Any remaining amount can be used to flavor sparkling or flat water.
- If using almond meal instead of almond flour, combine almond meal with powdered sugar and blend until very fine. Add to raspberry puree.
- If using desiccated coconut, add to mixture. If using standard, but unsweetened coconut, it must be blended until very fine. Place 1 1/3 cups of unsweetened coconut in blender and process until very fine. Measure 1/2 cup (remaining is used to roll balls) and add to raspberry mixture.
- Mixture can be rolled immediately, but if placed in a refrigerator for several hours or overnight, balls will hold shape better.
- Shape into about 1 tablespoon size balls and roll in coconut.
- Keep refrigerated.
Imperial Sugar Insight
You can find desiccated coconut on Amazon.