Raspberry Filled Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Filling & Icing
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- Lemon Buttercream Frosting or
- Chef Eddy's Extra Smooth & Creamy Buttercream Frosting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cupcake tin with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, add eggs and beat with sugar for one minute. Add vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, zest, and oil. Stir in sour cream and blend until combined.
- With mixer speed on low, slowly add flour mixture until ingredients are just incorporated. Do not overbeat.
- Place batter evenly into prepared muffin pan. Fill roughly 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 13-16 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in tins.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare Lemon Buttercream Frosting.
- When cupcakes have cooled, remove a small section of cake and fill each with 1 teaspoon of prepared raspberry jam. Top with Lemon Buttercream Frosting and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.