Raspberry Fruit Roll Ups
- Preheat oven to 150°F-200°F.
- Using a Silpat to make fruit roll ups will provide best results. This recipe works with either an 8 x 11 inch or 11 x 16 inch size Silpat. Place on cookie sheet and set aside.
- Defrost raspberries and place in blender with sugar. Puree until very smooth. Pour mixture through strainer to remove seeds.
- Using amount of sugar listed will provide a deliciously tart fruit roll up. Taste mixture and if desired add additional sugar.
- Pour raspberry puree onto Silpat and spread evenly using an offset spatula or pie server. Drilling or shaking pan will help getting surface level.
- Place in oven for about 5-6 hours or until the middle is firm as leather. Some ovens will not maintain required low oven temperature. Therefore it may be necessary to turn oven on and off and on occasion open it up. Do not worry if you believe that oven becomes too cold at times, it will only increase drying process.
- Remove from oven. Do not cut on Silpat as a knife may cut through it.
- Lift Silpat from cookie sheet and turn onto a piece of parchment or wax paper. Peel away Silpat.
- Cut into strips and if desired cover with an equal size piece of parchment paper. Roll up and store in an airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Raspberries can be replaced with pureed mango, cherries, peaches, melons and other fruits. Fruits which produce runny juices such as lemon, oranges are not recommended.