Raspberry Poppy Seed Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 300. Grease two 8x4” loaf pans. Set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat eggs. Add oil and sugar and beat until combined.
- Mix in lemon zest, vanilla, milk and poppy seeds. Switch attachment to a paddle attachment.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Beat on low just until combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into middle of bread comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack. Cool in pans for 15 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Once bread is completely cooled, stir together lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar. Spoon over top of bread.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments