Raspberry White Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 2 2/3 cups cake flour*
- 1 2/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (no white bitter pith)
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Butter and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan and set aside. (Fitting a piece of parchment paper on bottom and sides of baking pan is recommended for easy removal of cake.)
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and then mix on low speed using a paddle attachment.
- Add butter and continue mixing until mixture appears as wet sand. Don’t worry if it becomes slightly pasty.
- Add egg and mix until completely incorporated. Scrape well. Add egg whites in 3-4 increments and mixing until smooth and scraping bowl well.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest. Add milk in 3 increments scraping bowl well between additions and ensuring a smooth and fluffy mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and scrape into pan. Place in oven and bake for 25-28 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes clean.
- After 5 minutes turn cake upside down on plastic food lined surface and allow to cool completely.
- Cover cake with raspberry fruit spread and scatter fresh raspberries on surface.