- 1 stick unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup almond flour or meal
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup favorite fruit spread or jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Lemon drizzle
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar using a paddle attachment until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add almond flour, and once well combined, add flour in one step and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic food film. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile combine sugar with cream cheese, then add vanilla and set aside.
- Using 1/2 of dough, roll 1/8-inch thick onto lightly floured parchment paper. (If dough becomes too soft, quickly transfer to a cookie sheet and place in freezer for a few minutes.) Alternatively sprinkle chilled area lightly with flour and roll dough.
- Cut dough using a round fluted cutter approximately 1 3/4-inch in diameter and place on lightly buttered or parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Drop a generous teaspoon amount of cream cheese mixture in center followed by 1/2 teaspoon jam.
- Brush edges of cookies with water.
- Roll out remaining dough and place dough circles on top. Gently press edges together. Brush with water and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Place in oven until golden, about 12-14 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle cooled cookies.