Red Pepper Jelly
- 4 cups finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 (1.75 oz each) packages SURE-JELL powdered pectin (one full package + one half package)
- 5 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Prepare water bath in a large canning pot. Make sure your jars (6 pint sized) are sterilized and ready to go.
- Place bell peppers and red chili flakes into a large saucepan. Mix in apple cider vinegar and SURE-JELL pectin. Bring mixture to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in sugar. Return to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Ladle jelly into six clean, sterilized, half-pint jars. Fill and leave 1/4-inch headspace. Cover with clean rims and screw bands on finger tight.
- Place jars onto canning rack and slowly lower jars into canner. Water should cover jars completely. Bring water to a boil and process for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove jars and place them on a clean tea towel on counter and allow them to cool completely. Check that jars have sealed and store in a cool place for up to 12 months. If any jars don't seal, store in refrigerator for up to 1 month.