Red Velvet Skillet Cookie
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Topping Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, yolk, vanilla and food coloring; mix until well combined. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Add more food coloring if desired.
- Place batter in an 11-inch skillet (oven safe). Leave a 1-inch gap around the edge so the cookie can spread and bake evenly.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges are starting to get crispy and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with ice cream and hot fudge to serve.
- Best served warm, but can cut into slices cooled as well.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.