Reduced Sugar Banana Oat Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour or sprouted wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup raisins
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a muffin tin with baking spray or butter and flour it. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir in oats and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, mash bananas really well.
- Add sugar and oil and whisk to combine. Whisk in eggs and salt.
- Add pumpkin seeds and raisins followed by dry ingredients.
- Fill muffin tins evenly 3/4 full and place in oven.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until center of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes and remove from pans.