Ricotta Cheese Apple Pie
- 3 cups Fuji Apples, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup dried sweet cranberry
- 9-inch deep dish prepared piecrust
- for garnish Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl mix apples, cranberries, 1/4-cup sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Place apples into a prepared piecrust.
- In another bowl, using a hand mixer, beat eggs slightly and then mix in ricotta, 1/2 cup sugar, cream, salt and lemon peel together.
- Pour half the ricotta filling on top of apple mixture let it sit for 30 seconds to let the air escape, and then pour in the remaining ricotta filling. (The pie will be very full—best to place pie crust on a baking sheet for easy and mess-free transport to and from the oven.)
- Bake on 425°F for 10 minutes and then lower to 350°F for an additional 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Let custard set and cool for 30 minutes on counter, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.