Roasted Acorn Squash with Orange-Thyme Glaze
- 2 medium acorn squash, seeded, cut into about 3/4 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- For topping: chopped parsley, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add squash. Drizzle with olive oil; season with kosher salt to taste. Toss to coat.
- Arrange squash on a foil-lined large, rimmed baking sheet. Roast 22-26 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Remove squash from oven. In a medium bowl, stir together orange juice, orange zest, light brown sugar, vinegar and thyme until well combined.
- Drizzle with orange-thyme glaze; toss gently. Sprinkle pecans over top of squash; return to oven; roast an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. Top squash with cheese shavings. If desired, garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Third Place Winner in Dixie Crystals 2012 Homemade Holidays Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!