Rocky Road Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cup* Homemade Graham Crackers
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 packages ( 8 ounces each) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces best quality in bar form semi or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup walnuts or toasted almonds
- 2 cups marshmallows
- * For homemade: Corn Syrup Free Marshmallows
- 1 cup Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush Graham Crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 3/4 cup. Add melted butter and combine well. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan and place in oven for 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Place springform pan on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan tightly with foil. Ensure that no water could penetrate thru foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Cut chocolate into chip size pieces and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a hand held spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture shows no lumps. Scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Place chocolate bowl over very low simmering water and stir until just melted. Add to above and pour batter into the springform pan.
- Pour water into the roasting pan about one inch high and place in oven.
- Bake until the center of cake no longer trembles when tapping the sides of pan, about 90 minutes but it could take up to 2 hours depending on temperature of cheesecake batter.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge and bottom of cheesecake and decorate with marshmallow, nuts and ganache.
- Refrigerate until just ready to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: This cheesecake is best served cold.