Rocky Road Cookie Cups
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour almond slices onto baking sheet in a single layer, toast in oven for 2-3 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Once cool, mix filling ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until very well combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar together. Add into wet ingredients, slowly. Mix until dough forms.
- Butter muffin tin.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into ball. Use palms of hands to press dough flat and press into muffin tin in a bowl shape.
- Continue until muffin pan is full. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Use back of a spoon to make a well in dough, press dough back into a cup/bowl shape.
- While cups are still very hot, spoon filling mixture into cups.
- Place back into oven for 2 minutes to melt chocolate chips on top.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before removing cookies from muffin tin.