Rocky Road Cookies
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups, packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 72 mini marshmallows (3 per cookie)
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and chocolate. Melt in 30-second increments, stirring as necessary, until smooth and silky. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Using a mixer, beat sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add melted chocolate. Mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and half of nuts. Mix until combined. Cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with silicon baking mat or parchment.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough. Gently press down to flatten. Arrange cookies 2-inches apart. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Press 3 marshmallows into each cookie and return to oven for additional 1-2 minutes OR until marshmallows have softened.
- Allow cookies to cool in pan for 5-10 minutes. Top with remaining nuts and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.