Rocky Road Ice Cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 12 ounces high quality dark chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Heat half and half, sugar and cocoa powder to a simmer.
- Whisk egg yolks then begin to slowly pour the half and half into egg yolks to temper them. Return mixture to pot and constantly stir over medium heat until thickened, being sure not to boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Add cream, and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Just before storing fold in the marshmallows, almonds and chocolate chips.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments