Rocky Road Pie
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 box (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Chopped walnuts
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine crushed cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Mix well until crumbs have consistency of wet sand.
- Press crumbs firmly into a 9-inch pie dish. Make sure to press crumbs firmly on bottom and sides of pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- For filling, add milk, heavy cream, chocolate pudding, and powdered sugar to bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix on high for 5-10 minutes until mixture is thick.
- Fold in mini marshmallows and chopped walnuts.
- Pile filling into prepared pie pan.
- Top with more mini marshmallows and chopped walnuts.
- Place into fridge and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, let pie sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- For Crème Chantilly, in bowl of a stand mixer, combine whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar. Whip on high until firm peaks form.
- Pipe onto cold pie right before serving.
- Garnish pie with Crème Chantilly and chocolate syrup. Serve cold.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments