- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Beat in eggs one at time and scrape bowl in between. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together remaining ingredients and add in one step to creamed mixture. Blend until just mixed.
- The dough is easier to handle when chilled first for about 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine Cinnamon Sugar Topping ingredients and mix well.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Make small balls with dough and roll them in Cinnamon Sugar. Place balls on prepared cookie sheets. Press balls lightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden.