Rosemary Pecan Scones With Ham and Plum Jam
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) very cold butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 8 ounces ham of choice
- Plum Jam
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- On the large eyes of a box grater, grate the cold butter directly into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, herbs, and milk; add to the above. When nearly combined add pecans. Mix gently until the mixture just holds together. Do not try to make it perfect as the scones would become tough.
- Press dough into a 9x9-inch square on a lightly floured surface or on parchment paper.
- Cut into 16 equal pieces and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and place in oven for about 17-20 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut horizontally in half and fill with ham and plum jam.