Rum Raisin Baked Rice Pudding
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-inch glass dish with butter or non-stick spray, set aside.
- Place raisins in a small bowl and top with rum. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Fold in rice and raisins.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking dish. Place dish in a large pan (like a 9x13 casserole dish) and pour water into pan till it reaches half way up the baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until set (center may still jiggle a little, but it will not be liquid). Cool for 10 minutes and then serve warm!
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments