Salted Brown Sugar Banana Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tablespoons Rum or Cognac
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 large bananas
- Pure Butter Pie Crust
- Crème Chantilly
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs until well blended.
- Melt butter and whisk into eggs. Whisk in flour, salt, vanilla and liquor (if using).
- Whisk in brown sugar and set aside.
- Peel and slice bananas horizontally in half and arrange tightly onto bottom of pie crust.
- Pour pie mixture into pie shell, bananas will automatically float to the surface and place in oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature after 5 minutes of baking to 350°F. When the pie has been in the oven for 30 minutes reduce temperature to 325°F.
- Remove pie from oven when the center is set and no longer trembles, about 1 hour.
- If desired serve with crème Chantilly.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments