Sauteed Mushrooms with Sweet Balsamic Glaze
For Sweet Balsamic Glaze:
- In a nonstick skillet, add vinegar and sugar and turn heat on to medium. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove vinegar mixture from skillet and set aside. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Cut any large mushrooms in half. Mix together soy sauce and sugar in a measuring cup.
- In the same skillet as before, add butter and melt at medium heat. Add mushrooms and mix with a wood spoon. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture. Allow mushrooms to cook down, about 8 to 10 minutes. Be sure to stir the mushrooms occasionally.
- Add sweet balsamic glaze to mushrooms right before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Julie Deily @TheLittleKitchen.