Sea Salt & Crystallized Ginger Chocolate Wafers
- Crystallized Ginger
- 1 1/2 cups, divided Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup peeled and sliced ginger
- 24 saltine crackers
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped crystalized ginger
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- To make crystallized ginger: Line baking sheet with wax paper and set a wire rack on top of that. Spray wire rack with non-stick spray.
- Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and add ginger. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the liquid has almost evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer ginger immediately to wire rack. Let stand until dry, about 1 hour, and then roll slices in additional sugar if needed.
- To make wafer: Line baking sheet or tray with wax paper or silicone mat.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Dip saltine cracker into the melted chocolate. Using a fork flip over, gently lift out, and let excess chocolate drip off.
- Carefully slide onto waxed paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with crystalized ginger and sea salt.
- Continue process until all crackers and chocolate have been used.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.