Skillet Sugar Cookie Peach Cobbler
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 medium peaches, cut into 1/2 inch slices (ripe, but still firm)
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) roll sugar cookie dough
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10- inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, add in peaches. Cook for 3-4 minutes until peaches begin to soften. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla and mix to combine. Continue cooking for 4-5 minutes until most of liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Break sugar cookie dough into clumps and add it to a food processor. Top with oats and pulse until mixture is just combined.
- Drop dough in tablespoon-sized portions on top of peaches evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until sugar cookie topping is golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Store airtight and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky@CookiesandCups.