Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup green olives
- 1/3 cup capers
- 4 bay leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Place chicken breasts in base of slow cooker.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, olives, capers, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Top with brown sugar and white wine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Serve over rice and top with parsley.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Don’t be alarmed by the amount of garlic. It mellows as it cooks and is not overwhelming at all.
- This recipe can be started the day before by putting all of the ingredients except for the wine and sugar in a large plastic bag. When ready to cook, add the bagged ingredients to the slow cooker, top with sugar and wine, and dinner is done!
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments