Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Rolling Cookies
- 5 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (Vietnamese preferred)
Vanilla Ice Cream
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with butter. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients in one step and mix just until combined.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- Scoop cookies in 1 tablespoon-size amounts and roll round. If dough is too soft to do so, place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll round balls into cinnamon sugar and place on cookie sheets about 2-inches apart. Sprinkle surface with additional cinnamon sugar.
- Place in oven and bake until edges become light golden, about 10-11 minutes. Center of cookies will still feel very soft when being removed but will firm as they cool.
- Once cookies have cooled sandwich with ice cream.