Snickerdoodle Layer Cake
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (any type)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil, any type
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 3, 8 or 9-inch cake pans and fit a round sheet of parchment on bottom to make removal from pans easy.
- For crumb, thoroughly combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add oil and using hands mix to a sandy texture. Scatter mixture equally into parchment lined pans and set aside.
- For cake, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, using a stand or handheld mixer whip eggs until well blended. Add oil and whip to a smooth mixture. Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk just long enough to combine.
- Divide batter equally into pans and place in oven. Bake until center of cakes bounce back, when lightly pressed with a finger and until you see cake retracting from sides in a few areas; about 30 minutes.
- After 10 minutes turn cakes upside down onto plastic food film, a kitchen towel, or parchment paper. Do not remove parchment paper from cakes yet. Once cooled, cakes can be frozen for up to 1 week before frosting.
- Prepare snickerdoodles.
- Prepare frosting.
- Remove parchment from cake layers and place first layer on a serving platter.
- Spread 1/4 of frosting onto cake layer. Top with another cake layer and spread another 1/4of frosting on cake layer. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Frost cake and decorate with baked snickerdoodle cookies.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Select flour with 3 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.
If desired, you can skip making the snickerdoodle cookies as the cake has great texture by itself.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments