- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Caramel sundae sauce
- 6 fun-size Snickers candy bars, chopped into halves
- Chopped nuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a cupcake tin with liners and light coat of nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Mix in oil, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients until batter forms.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway with the batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make peanut buttercream frosting, use an electric mixer to whisk together butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar, vanilla, and a tablespoon of milk. Whisk at high speed until smooth.
- Alternate powdered sugar and milk, whisking at high speed and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- If needed, continue adding milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce. Top with candy bars and chopped nuts.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.