Snowflake Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold & cut into thin slices
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Blue sugar sprinkles
- 1 1/2-inch snowflake shaped cookie cutter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until combined, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Dough will be crumbly. Using your hands, knead into a ball. On a floured surface, roll into 1/4-inch thick square with a rolling pin. Use a snowflake sugar cookie cutter to cut dough into snowflakes.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheets, sprinkle with blue sprinkles and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges start to turn light golden brown. Let cookies rest on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments