Soft Brown Sugar Spice Cookies
Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape sides as needed.
- Add egg and yolk and beat until mixed well. Add vanilla.
- With mixer on medium, add baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Beat for 30 seconds until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and mix in flour until evenly incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, drop onto prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten by hand. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled, prepare glaze by whisking powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Transfer glaze to a small zip-top bag and snip a small corner of the bag using scissors. Drizzle glaze on cookies and allow to set, about 20 minutes.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
One of my favorite fall-season cookies.