Sour Cream, Cheddar and Green Onion Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons very cold butter
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sour cream or unsweetened yogurt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl large enough to hold all ingredients sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Place a box grater onto flour mixture and grate butter on large eyes of grater.
- Add sugar, cheese and onions and distribute well.
- Add sour cream and mix by hand just until rough dough forms. Do not overmix!
- Press dough onto a lightly floured surface about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a round biscuit cutter and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake until light golden, about 11 minutes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: This delicious biscuit recipe easily transforms into drop biscuits. Simply add 1/3 cup milk along with sour cream and drop biscuit batter with a spoon instead of cutting with a biscuit cutter.