Sour Cream Pecans
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add sugar and sour cream to a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly, about 5-6 minutes, and mixture reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. Next add pecan halves and stir until coated.
- Spread pecan mixture onto prepared baking sheet and let cool completely.
- Break into pieces before serving.
- Store airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
These are so easy to make and are the prefect combination of sweet, salty, crunchy and tangy. The first batch disappeared in a flash. I made them again, but didn't have enough pecans on hand, so I used half pecans and half cashews. Also ridiculously good. I will be making these again soon.
Fabulous! Would be amazing around Holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.
Shelley always post really amazing recipes, the great thing about all of them is they work. Bravo Shelley.
The pecans are a dream I can't stop eating them..