Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan or two 4.5x8-inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar using an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl and mixing well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Decrease mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mixture in two increments. Mix just until all is incorporated, but do not over mix.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract, scraping sides and mixing just until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake becomes too dark cover with foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving plate.
- Slice and serve with berries and sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.