Sour Cream Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup raisins
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cinnamon together. Stir in oats and set aside.
- Mix butter, sour cream, both sugars, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and once well-combined add egg white. Scrape bowl well.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Once combined add flour mixture in one step and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add pecan pieces and raisins and mix briefly.
- Scoop dough with a small ice cream scoop or into large heaping tablespoons.
- Place dough balls on parchment lined or buttered cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake until the edges of the cookies turn pale golden, about 12 minutes.
NOTE: Select flour with 3 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.