Spiced Cider Caramels
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- Sea Salt, to top
- In a heavy bottomed pot, such as enameled cast iron, combine all caramel topping ingredients save for the cider. Bring to a boil and stir until sugars are dissolved and the mixture is well combined.
- Using a candy thermometer, watch for the goal of about 230 degrees. Without a thermometer, watch for a rich caramel color – about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cider. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then pour into an 8 × 8 silicone pan or a regular pan lined with parchment. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Once chilled, sprinkle with sea salt and cut into small squares or rectangles. Wrap immediately in wax or parchment paper.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments