- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves, if using ground, use only 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Combine all ingredients excluding alcohol, if using, in a non-reactive saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and once boiling reduce to a very low simmer. The objective is to aromatize the liquid without drastically reducing/evaporating it. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour 2 or 3 parts wassail in mugs or glasses and add one part of your favorite liquor or liqueur.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments