- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange, no white bitter pith
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 drops gel food color of choice, optional
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoon-all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, mix until fluffy, add least 3 minutes.
- Add egg white, salt, lemon, almond extract, vanilla and food color. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add flour in one step and mix until combined, do not mix more than necessary.
- Fill cookie batter into cookie press fitted with disk of choice.
- Follow manufacturers directions and press onto parchment lined or non-stick cookie sheets.
- Bake for approximately 11-13 minutes.
- Once cookies are cold, melt chocolate in a bowl set over barely simmering water.
- Remove from heat. Either drizzle chocolate over cookies or place chocolate in a piping bag and decorate. Sprinkle with sprinkles when chocolate is still tacky.
- Cookies will last several days stored in an airtight box.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Make sure NOT to add extra butter or sugar or the dough will drift away into unrecognizable shapes.