Sriracha Apricot Glazed Pork and Grilled Apricots
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup bourbon, whiskey or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 6 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar Spice Rub
- 6 ripe apricots, cut in half and pitted
- Combine ingredients from apricot preserves through smoked sea salt in small sauce pan. Bring to high and simmer until reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- Dust each side of pork chops with spice rub. Grill over medium heat, flipping after about 6 minutes or when the edges begin to turn opaque. Add fresh apricots to grill. Brush both pork and apricots with glaze. Grill for about 5 minutes more. Brush with glaze again immediately after removing from grill.
Imperial Sugar Insight
*NOTE: This glaze also makes an amazing vinaigrette. Simply combine 1/3 cup glaze, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup white wine vinegar and 1 teaspoon each of fresh thyme and oregano in a blender and whiz until completely combined.