- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 3/4 cups Steviacane
- 2 tablespoons molasses or honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
- Optional: 2-3 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (use chocolate chips made with real chocolate)
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix butter until very creamy. Add Steviacane and molasses or honey.
- Add eggs one at a time scraping in between the additions. Then add vanilla, salt and buttermilk.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar and add to above. Do not overmix. Add remaining ingredients and blend until just incorporated.
- Press dough on a parchment paper lined jelly roll 11 x 17-inches pan.
- Bake until center of the blondies are set, about 35-40 minutes.
- While blondies are baking, prepare chocolate ganache.
- Let blondies cool at room temperature before cutting.
- Spread a very thin coat of chocolate ganache on surface and top with caramelized almonds if desired.