Steviacane Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup Steviacane
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (low fat)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, no white bitter pith
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6-8 ounces package blueberries (If using frozen blueberries, keep in freezer until ready to add to remaining ingredients)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, combine Steviacane, buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract, lemon zest, salt and egg. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Brush a muffin tin with melted butter and dust with flour, shake out excess flour and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together and stir into buttermilk mixture. Add blueberries and do not overmix.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and place in oven. The muffins are done when center bounces back when lightly pressed, about 22 minutes.
Note: Standard muffin tins vary greatly in amount of batter which they hold. The batter will yield about 12-16 muffins.