Steviacane Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, or zest of one lemon
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Steviacane
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg, buttermilk, Steviacane, vanilla, lemon juice from lemon and lemon zest.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and poppyseeds and stir into wet mixture until just blended.
- Divide into muffin tins and bake for 12 - 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once mostly cooled, glaze with powdered sugar mixed with milk and a slice of fresh lemon if desired.