- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (6 oz chocolate chips, 55-60% cocoa)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry fruit spread (not jam)
- 1-pint fresh strawberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 335°F. Prepare 8x8-inch pan with butter or nonstick spray.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cut butter in cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt on low in microwave or place bowl over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Once melted set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until well-blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour/cocoa mixture and stir to combine. Add cranberries.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Gently spoon strawberry spread on surface of brownies and then spread evenly over top.
- Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, about 35-37 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting and decorate with fresh strawberries if desired.