- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10- inch cast iron skillet (or 10- inch Springform pan) with butter and set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Add in eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder and lemon zest. Mix for 1 minute until combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add in flour and milk in alternating increments, beginning and ending with flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in strawberries and spread into prepared pan.
- Place all topping ingredients into a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork mix ingredients together until they resemble a coarse sand. Using your hands squeeze mixture into large crumbs. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments
Jun 25, 2017
very good! I made it in a jumbo muffin pan and it's a very dense cake. great!