Strawberry Cream Cheese Brownies
- 3 cups slice and hulled strawberries
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Prepare Strawberry Sauce: In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups of sliced strawberries, sugar, and water. Stir and bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes. Add remaining strawberry slices, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and butter. Stir well. Let cool.
- Prepare cheesecake filling for brownies. Cream together cream cheese and sugar until very smooth. Add in 2-3 tablespoons cooled strawberry sauce and stir.
- Line a 9x9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil with overlapping ends (this will make it easier to remove the brownies later).
- In a large bowl, combine diced butter, cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Let chocolate mixture cool slightly.
- When chocolate mixture has cooled a bit but is still warm, stir in strawberry extract and salt.
- Stir in eggs. Mix in flour and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add brownie batter to pan and spread evenly.
- Add cream cheese mixture in dollops on top of brownie batter. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove brownies and let cool completely before cutting.
- Top with strawberry sauce before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.