Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake Balls
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 container (8 ounces) strawberry flavored cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 bag (12 ounces) candy coating
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour two 8-inch baking pans and set aside. (Fitting a round piece of parchment paper on bottom of baking pan is recommended for easy removal of cake.)
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Mix butter until very creamy and smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add one egg yolk at a time and mix at least 30 seconds between each.
- Add salt, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Add 1/3 of flour and mix until combined. Add half of buttermilk and mix until smooth. Add another 1/3 of flour and mix smooth. Add remaining buttermilk and once combined add remaining flour.
- Divide batter into pans and place in oven and bake for 25-28 minutes until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or until an inserted toothpick comes clean.
- After 5 minutes turn upside down on plastic food lined surface and allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients combine strawberry cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Crumble first cake layer and add to cheese mixture. Combine well with a firm spatula or your hands. Add about another half of the remaining cake layer and mix well together. The mixture needs to become firm but yet moist enough to roll into balls. Add additional cake if needed.
- Use 2 tablespoons of mixture per ball and shape round. Place on parchment or plastic food film lined cookie sheets.
- Melt candy coating per manufacturer’s directions.
- Dip balls using a fork or toothpicks and place on parchment or plastic food film lined cookie sheets or cutting boards. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkle so they will adhere well to the coating.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments