Strawberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Strawberry Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, very soft
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons strawberry extract
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 3 fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Butter and flour a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- In a stand or hand-held mixer using paddle attachment, mix butter and 4 ounces of cream cheese until light and creamy. Add sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for the previously added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture regains a smooth homogenous look. Add salt and 3 tablespoons strawberry extract.
- Add flour in one step and mix just until combined. Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven. After 15 minutes in oven reduce temperature to 300°F.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes. If cake turns too dark before being done, cover it with a lightly buttered piece of foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- For frosting, combine 4 ounces cream cheese with powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon strawberry extract and 3 mashed ripe strawberries.
- Spread on cake and decorate surface with remaining strawberries.